Welcome to my BRAND NEW blog~ The last blog has been creased, well it served me well, archiving all my ups and downs, past and present. My life changed from the very day I started my blog in 2004~2010. It changed everything, my perception of things, my goals, my loves, social circle and so on. But I grew up~ Now, I see things differently, things around me, myself and my life. I learned in the process to treasure every moment and try not to take things for granted. Once it is lost, it'll never come back for some reason~ And for this change, I want my life to be better and more positive~ So the reason that is for this new born baby :>

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hair and Scalp Problems Awareness - Something Personal I want to share

Hey peeps,

It's been long since my last post which is an advertorial. But I'M BACK :> Isn't that great. Me with my non-stop action life~

Again, Nuffnang emailed me this sensitive topic contest for Svenson Hair Care  and I decided to blog about this, as this was a real life experience that I've been through and had troubled me for already 2 years back then. I hope I send a message across to all my readers for the blog topic I going to start on. Which is

HAIR AND SCALP PROBLEM

Well said, it's a problem that affect most of us today in this very very stressful society. Work, Life and Family. EVERY AND EVERYTHING seems to be contributing their fair amount of stress in our everyday life. Life isn't as simple and carefree like what we expected when we are a child being sheltered with love and care. Ever since school life started, stress has been my enemy and friend in a way.

Cut the story straight. I've been a girl for all my life. But I'm not that typical girl you know that spends hours bathing and grooming herself. I can bathe like 15 min and BAM I'm done with my shower and off I go out to meet my friends. But things slightly changed, as in my body. This must be the effects of aging.

I remembered 2 years back or so maybe 3, that was when my nightmare or every girls or men nightmare began. I suffered from EXTREMELY OILY SCALP! AND I DO MEAN EXTREMELY! My hair would look like it has been covered with coconut oil when it hits mid day and I would skip any dinner dates I have and go straight back home to shower first before heading out again. I first thought it was a temporary effects of hormone imbalance and that it was due to insufficient sleep( which I was working day and night at that time and every night I need to drink lots of alcohol because of the job requirement ).

Things got worse day by day. What is worse I used a wrong shampoo which is EXTRA MOISTURE AND IT WORSEN the oily scalp condition. Until one day I was as usual snapping photos of me with my phone when I notice my HAIR LINE WAS RECEDING! I was shocked and the whole day I just kept in silent and I at first DARE NOT TELL ANYONE OF MY PROBLEM. Serious.



I immediately stop using that shampoo and went to the salon to see if the hair stylist can recommend any help to it.
Worse advice from him, he asked me to go swimming as chlorine strips oil. +_+ DON'T BELIEVE THIS AS CHLORINE IS VERY VERY HARMFUL FOR THE SENSITIVE SCALP I HAD AT THAT TIME and Chlorine strips moisture of your HAIR, so your hair will tangle and frizz! But I at that time was stupid and naive, I listened to him.. *YAWNS

Stubborn and embarrassed at that time, I finally decided to consult some professionals. I actually when to a scalp herbal treatment at Chinatown (recommended by my very close buddy) and I would go almost everyday to do that treatment to save my hair. Each time cost like SGD$28 and it was costly taking inconsideration the frequency I visited. Things slightly improved. As it gave me confident that my hair and scalp is in safe hands and herbal therapy should be effective. I was recommended to wash my hair every time it's oily on the scalp and apply their recommended tonic to enhance hair growth.

After visiting the parlour for a year, things did not improve it just maintained it from being worse. And I decided to stop going there. Mainly I felt it wasn't effective anymore.

But problem arise again. What hit me hard was the stress and depression that struck me at that period.

Stress from work, family, love life and myself

Depressed as I was suddenly lost in life. My life was like crumbling down like a smashed potato chips. And to add on my ex-bf cheated on me. I WAS LOST.

My scalp problem arise again. This time, I suffered from thinning hair and I was losing alot of hair from usual. I scares me even till now that I think back what I have suffered. My hair would fall off when I just comb my hair or use my fingers to run through my hair. Mainly my head was thinking of negative thoughts and I had this fear that I was going to be BALD!

This feeling is a FEAR!

No one in this world can accept~

As a girl, I just broke down.

No one. YES, no ONE! Can understand

I prayed. Very sincerely to GOD.
Please, stop my head from thinking all this negative thoughts, I'll do anything to just get my life back.



And God answered my prayer in a way.

I decided to START EVERYTHING A NEW.

I cut my long hair, and I has shorter than shoulder length hair.
I change my daily routine.
I change the food I ate.
I quited my night job.
I cut down on alcohol.
I did MASSIVE RESEARCH ON WEB on the scalp problem ( I might say I am a guru on this topic now)
I did swimming almost every other day.
I fill up my time so that I can stop thinking.
And one very big decision in my life..

I LEFT MY COUNTRY AND WORK IN CAMBODIA. Which is where I am now.
Of course, I threw everything that so call ex-bf gave me, deleted him from my life SERIOUSLY! ( this I can tell you it really helps ALOT!)

Years pass and I have adopted a habit of pampering my hair and scalp. Time to time I go the designated salon to do a scalp detox cleansing to clear all the impurities away and do scalp scanning or analysis to check on the condition of my scalp.

This is an example of the super zoom of the healthy scalp, just like mine now. Only that my hair strands are colored.
Some info, the normal human, each hair follicle has 2-3 strands of hair. So if you have only one strands per follicle means your scalp isn't that healthy. Better do something before it's to late!

And hairloss is cause by multiple of reasons:
  • depression
  • stress
  • hormone imbalance
  • menopause
  • anaemia
  • disease
  • pregnancy / childbirth
  • overuse of styling aids ( too harsh hair blowing with high heat, hair straighteners)
  • dieting
  • changing nutritional habits
  • environmental pollution
  • bad scalp hygiene
  • oily scalp
  • dandruff scalp
It is costly but I rather spend the money than to say sorry. You should know how important is the hair to every lady on earth. Without hair, you are just like a disfigured being on earth.

Even like now, even I have a super BAD HAIR DAY. I'll feel like I am a burglar. Cannot face anyone.

No cameras PLEASE!
For now, my scalp and hair condition is back to normal and there is only some little daily problem that I face now. Just like every time I wake up, if I had a horrible night sleep and if I ate super oily food the night before. I'll have little bit of oily hair when I wake up.

Like this. And if I do not wash it properly, there would be scalp infections whereby there is small pimple like bumps arising from the scalp and it will cause you pain for DAYS. So wash your hair and scalp with CARE to avoid all these unnecessary problems.

Another problem is super unkempt hair and ends. Where this need to be moisture due to the dry climate I am in now.

Some tips I will like to share with my readers, simple but super time consuming +_+
But again, simple care for your scalp and hair goes a long way.


FIRST!
CHOOSE A RANGE OF GOOD SHAMPOO TO ROTATE
See I have an extensive range on shampoo. My scalp is slightly problematic, so I'll use the right shampoo for the right problem from time to time. ( I am not selling the shampoos so I censored all the brands)
I'm currently using the BEER & EGG SHAMPOO

Like gold on the hand. Hee Hee
Remember DO NOT APPLY THIS ON YOUR SCALP DIRECTLY!
You need to create a sufficient latter before hitting it to your head!

Whiles it's on your head, latter it further in a gentle motion.
Pardon for my weird looking face while showering this afternoon +_+
Use cold or mild warm water to rinse.

NEXT!

Conditioning of the hair ends is SUPER IMPORTANT for all ladys who had reasonably long hair. If not you are just looking for trouble when combing your hair and don't blame if you suffer from hair breakage or split ends if you skip this important step.


Apply only on the ends of your hair. NEVER THE SCALP OR ANYWHERE NEAR IT!
Stroke it in a downward motion until it is evenly distributed. Do not attempt to untangle it at this stage as hair is super brittle.
Rinse it with very warm or hot water (the water you use to soak in bathtub), at this point your hair should automatically untangle, if not just repeat the step again.
Make sure you rinse it off completely. Leaving no residue.

Again rinse your entire hair with cold or mild warm water and massage the scalp and off you are done with your shower! :>

This is me after shower. I always feel very happy~

Clean and fresh :>

Off to dry the hair~~

Remember to section your hair to blow dry. If not you need to waste time using the hair straightener to straighten your hair. Trust me this is time consuming but result in less damage and healthier hair.

Remember always to use serum or spray on oil on the hair ends to avoid frizz.
Do weekly hair deep conditioning to maintain smooth ends.

After 15min. TADAH!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Nice hair :> = Happy!


And review after shower~
See my hair and scalp is so clean and nice

Smooth ends too Teehee!

Aways remember to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Avoid oily food, because what are you is what you eat.
Exercise your way to detox or body too.
In this way a healthy mind leads to healthy well-being.

Straight hair.
Why not add colors to your life by maintaining nice healthy hair and scalp :>

Snap snap

Curl my hair too. SEE the wonders of hair that can change the image of a person.
So protect it!


Love your hair and your scalp.
Seek professional help if you need one.
Don't walk into the dark road like what I did.
No problem is to hard to resolve.
It's the matter of courage.
Don't be embarrassed.
Seek help and solve the problem before it's too late.

I hope my this post brings a message to all you readers. And I also hope my small hair care daily routine helps educate you.

Love you peeps.
Promise more post on the way~


18 comments:

  1. wahhh so patient to do this long post wor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got oily scalp too!! which shampoo u recommend since u tried so many?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 欣苓 hee hee, I don't really post often so when I do post I make sure it's nice and memoriable. Hope you learn something from the post above. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm,my hair is dropping..so,do u have any idea of getting rid of this problem like,which shampoo I shld use? *pls reply me in my bloggie ;) *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charmaine, IMO if you are looking for shampoo for oily scalp from the local supermarkets, Head and Shoulder Mint is good, but in a long run your problem will somehow rather come back :<

    If you ever chance upon BOOTS store (Thailand), which I purchase the Beer and Egg shampoo from, it's so far very good for me. My scalp feels light and airy despite the hot weather I am exposed to. It cost less than SGD$10.

    If you don't mind spending more money, you can purchase Tea Tree Shampoo from KIEHLS, the big bottle I am using cost about SGD60 plus, but again, I'd recommend you to purchase a small bottle first before buying the bigger one. But I recommend you to use this shampoo alternate with another normal shampoo, as I find this shampoo really cleanses your scalp and again, too clean a scalp will have alot of problems if you skip one day of the routine.

    But again, all these shampoo for oily scalp causes the ends of hair to be really dry, so remember to get a good conditional to condition the ends. And when shampooing, just concentrate more on the scalp rather than the whole hair.

    Hope it helps :>
    Any more questions feel free to leave me a comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. @˙·٠•●♥ Stephanie ♥●•٠·˙
    Stephanie, before I recommend you any shampoo, I need to know if you have any scalp problems like dandruff? Oily or any symptoms? And are you very stressful now or are you facing any changes in life?

    Pardon that I reply you here so that the readers can understand some solutions that they face too.

    Reply me back here. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review abt svenson, now i wish to go dye my hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. waa..nice hair>< my hair is soo oily last time and then my fren recommended me to dye my hair.after dying my hair it really turns out less oily.><

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd recommend using mint shampoo (but NOT head n shoulder please). It freshens your scalp making it healthy ! Also, ALWAYS use professional range products !

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely hair! especially the hair color! very eye catching~

    ReplyDelete
  11. @isroxck Wao! isroxck, as I said if local supermarkets~ But if the reader is willing to spend more, of course a better brand is recommended :>

    How in the world you get the hair bleach till no yellow tones?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Vir Anthony Suazo Talaugon Thanks~ Nice but relatively hard to maintain in a long run~ If given a choice I'll go for a darker tone. Hee Hee~

    ReplyDelete
  13. @domokun I agree with you~ The scalp would be less oily, but~ prone to dandruff and scaling scalp~ In a long run not really healthy for the hair~ But if try once it helps, why not :>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, not bad not bad.. Doing testing by yourself. =).

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason, fluorite has helped me a whole lot. It’s the only thing that helps. If anyone else has a better tip, please share. I could use as many as I can get.

    www.healthyscalp.net

    ReplyDelete